Hiromi’s Trip to Thailand – Episode 2:
Mark is Late

Download audio file (HiroThai2.mp3)

Japanese Cafe
by Enesco

In this episode, Mark, staying true to form, shows up late at the cafe to meet Hiromi.

2. Mark is Late

Mark: Hi Hiromi, sorry I’m late.
Hiromi: That’s ok. Do you have a drink?
Mark: Not yet. What are you drinking?
Hiromi: Cafe Latte.
Mark: Do you want another one?
Hiromi: No thanks. I’m ok. Just get one for yourself.
Mark: Ok, I won’t be a moment.
Hiromi: Take your time. It’s nice here. The view is great.
Mark: What’s the latte like?
Hiromi: It’s great. I recommend it.
Mark: Ok. I’ll just go downstairs and get one.
Hiromi: See you in a minute.
Mark: See you in a bit.

Credits: written by Mark White; voices by Mark White and Hiromi Campbell; cafe ambient sound file cafe_girona by elmomo at Freesound.

Link to more episodes

12 Responses to “Hiromi’s Trip to Thailand – Episode 2:
Mark is Late”

1. Dennis Bauer says:

I won’t be a moment?
    first time i see that one, is that Australlian english?

• David Russell says:

I had never seen or listened it before either. It might be a typing mistake and may want to refer “It won’t be a moment”.

• Fiona says:

Mark thinks it will take time to get his drink and this is why Hiromi said ‘take your time’.
      She added up the nice view as she makes him feel easy his taking time.
      She said ‘see you in a minute’ rather than in a moment.
      He wanted to excuse a bit more by saying ‘see you in a bit’ as he was already late and needs more time for his drink.

2. Fui says:

I just want to know what Hiromi means by saying “It’s great. I recommend it.” Did she answer Mark’s question?

• ChinhDo says:

Yes, “it’s great” means that it’s taste is delicious and “I recommend it” means that she suggest Mark should try it.

Yes, she did.

The latte was great.

4. Eizoh OKabe says:

I don’t get the meaning of Mark’s words,” OK, I won’t be a moment.”.

I’m looking for somebody to help me understand it.

• Martin says:

it means, that he is away for “one moment”

• Fiona says:

She added up the nice view as she makes him feel easy his taking time.
      She said ‘see you in a minute’ rather than in a moment.

5. fcabellorivera says:

I don´t understand the meaning of ” I won´t be a moment”…would something help me please?

I like this story but I need help to understand some words…I am new in this page and I need help…thanks¡¡

6. jost like says:

i want explanation what does mean i recommend it and i wont to be a moment i couldnt get it so would someone can help me please