I Was Doing Yoga

Download audio file (travelagent.mp3)

Mark ran into a Japanese guy at a travel agent in Rishikesh.

The Japanese Guy: Do you think I ought to take a local bus all the way?
The Travel Agent: No no no. It is open at five o’clock. Four o’clock. From this time. (There is a direct bus at four or five o’clock)
The Japanese Guy: Today?
The Travel Agent: Yeah, every day.
The Japanese Guy: Every day.
Mark: Where are you going?
The Japanese Guy: Dharamasala.
Mark: Dharamasala.
The Japanese Guy: You been there before?
Mark: No, I want to go.
The Japanese Guy: Too hot right now..here.
Mark: Yeah.
The Japanese Guy: It is no time for yoga now.
Mark: Yeah.
The Guy: I was taking a yoga class.
Mark: Where are you from?
The Japanese Guy: Japan.
Mark: Which part?
The Japanese Guy: Tokyo.
Mark: Right.
Another Customer: Do you how much I can get a…?
The Travel Agent: Seven hundred.
The Other Customer: Seven hundred?
The Travel Agent: Yeah.
The Japanese Guy: (to travel agent) So that is it? Thanks.
Mark: (to the travel agent) Do you have a ticket to…an air ticket from Delhi to Calcutta and also from Delhi to Bangkok?
The Travel Agent: Yes.
Mark: How much?
The Travel Agent: From Delhi to Calcutta and from Delhi to Bangkok. I will check.
Mark: Ok.

15 Responses to “I Was Doing Yoga”

1. What was the Japanese guy doing in Rishikesh?
    2. Where is he going next?
    3. What part of Japan is he from?
    4. What tickets does Mark want?
    5. What is the travel agent going to do?
    6. What part of India is Bangkok in?

Answers
    1. He was doing a Yoga course.
    2. He is going to Dharamasala.
    3. He is from Tokyo.
    4. He wants to know the price of a ticket from Delhi to Calcutta and also the price of a ticket from Delhi to Bangkok.
    5. He is going to check the prices of the tickets.
    6. Bangkok is not in India. Bangkok is in Thailand.

3. Njama says:

HI MARK, YOU GUYS HAVE DONE A HELPING LESSONENS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO LEARN ENGLISH EASILY AND FASTLY
    SO, THANKS FOR HELPING

4. Raghu says:

SO, THANKS FOR HELPING

5. mike says:

thank you for this great article, I love it.

6. andres peru says:

.thanks mark for give me a good idea what is english .and , make me to listen and, learn more , what is wonderful lenguage r.. really, i like very mcuh, hoping to find , the correct way to speak , and pronounce english at all . they are super intersting things that yo can practice . and hopimg to be a good interpreter. this is helping me so much, and mskes me a point of view in how to speak english , thanks and answer me please , andres peru

7. ojieea says:

thanks to both of you..i know that through these website many people will improve their English!!

8. Dahab Hotels says:

9. yoga is very helpful with diabetes and also for stress/anxiety~,,

10. Lan Tester  says:

i always do Yoga every week because it is essential to my overall well being”*

11. yoga is essential for the proper circulation of the blood that is why i do yoga each day ~;`

12. mana maya kc says:

Thank you for the great yoga.I like to do yoga everyday i loves it so much.

Trackbacks

1. [...] around Rishikesh will be able to direct you to it because it is not exactly in the main area of Rishikesh. Man: Swami Daya..? Woman: It is Daya D A Y A N A N D A Man: Dayananda. Woman: Dayananda Man: Swami [...]

2. [...] Which one did you hear? we are drilling we were drilling [...]