A New Life in Mosquito City – Part 18 – I am going to try and get a job

Download audio file (anlimc18.mp3)

Mark: OK. There is the Mosquito Herald. I have just finished reading The Mosquito Herald. There is the building. Well! The Mosquito Herald! There is a sign in the window. It says: “journalist wanted”. They want a journalist. They need a journalist. I used to work on the college newspaper and I have written a couple of articles on the internet. I am going to try and get a job.
(Knocking)
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Come in.
Mark: Hello.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Hello. How are you doing?
Mark: Good thanks. How are you?
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Very well thank you.
Mark: Good. I was just walking by and I saw the sign in the window: “journalist wanted”.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Yeah, that is right.
Mark: Are you still looking for somebody?
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Yes, we are.
Mark: Well, I don’t have a lot of experience but I worked on the college paper when I was a student and I have written a couple of things on the internet.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: What did you write on the internet?
Mark: I just wrote a couple of articles. One was about a village that I used to live in.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Traditional village?
Mark
: Yeah.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Where was the village?
Mark: In Thailand.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Oh Thailand. That is very interesting.
Mark: And another one was about a trip that I did in Australia.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Mm. Where was it? Did you go into the desert or?
Mark: Yeah. Through the desert. Yeah.
The Man in the Newspaper Office: That sounds fascinating. So you have a bit of experience. So yes, why not?
Mark: Ok. So, I have got the job?
The Man in the Newspaper Office: You have got the job.
Mark: How much is the pay?
The Man in the Newspaper Office: Well the pay is pretty good actually. It is about..Gosh..Well the starting fee is twelve thousand dollars every month.
Mark: Twelve thousand dollars a month! Wow! This Mosquito City is a really good place. Free food. Free hotel. Friendly people. Twelve thousand dollars a month! Great! What is your name?
Frank: Frank.
Mark: Nice to meet you, Frank!
Frank: What is your name again?
Mark: Mark.
Frank: Hi Mark. How are you doing? Welcome. Welcome to the team.
Mark: Wow! This is great. This is great! Good stuff!

16 Responses to “A New Life in Mosquito City – Part 18 – I am going to try and get a job”

1. vetrivendhan says:

hi mark,

its really good conversation .

2. Krishna Kumar Lama says:

Hi Mark

It’s really interesting conversations between two fellows through which the learner like me can get benefits from it. one is how to deal to get a job with the potential employer at the very beginning and one is how to write and speak English that way if there is really such a situation with a job hunter.finally, thank you very much for your right navigation.

Thank you very much once again.

regards

Krishna

3. Krishna Kumar Lama says:

Hi Mark

Thank you very much once again.

4. eefah says:

Hi,
    For everyone could we make a good conversation each other to practise our English?
    Thanks a lots for the team. It’s very usefull 4 us.

5. Rajeshkumar says:

Hi ,
    I am Rajesh from India

It is lovely article,
    Lots of thanks to Mark White. Who is providing a very simple,intersting and useable article.
    I leant how to start while finding a job and make conversation to the right pers with right way of spaking.

Thanks

Regards
    Rajesh

6. zaynab hamada says:

This is very good conversation.thanks alotttttttttttttt.

7. x says:

I like the real conversation between native speakers because it really help in daily conversation.Thanks so much

8. ice says:

hi this is the first time i share and please we need more conversations in many fields

9. manish says:

I wish I would have been so lucky like Mark!

10. serpil ozsezgin says:

Hi from Turkey, Thanks a lots. I like this conversation. that is very usefull for speaking practical english.your team that is a great.

11. Murugan says:

I need Tamil to English Translation

12. omer abdullah says:

Thank very much about this conversations , I want to practice with any friend so as to improve my English Language more and more .
    Abu – Abdullah

13. ramadan says:

hi very nice porgram i hope to be member with your team and i m very happy to join with u plz can u send me converstion with britsh tange

Trackbacks

1. […] How about yourself? Mark: I feel ok. I had a strange dream last night. I dreamed that Frank… that my boss Frank was my friend Peter… Brad: That is right. I know who you are talking about. Mark: And Peter was […]

2. […] Well here I am at work now at the Mosquito Herald and here is my boss, Frank. Hello Frank. Frank: Mark! Come on in. Mark: How are you today? Frank: I […]

3. […] No, it may seem like that but it is not quite… Mark: Who am I talking to? Are you Peter or Frank? Stephanie: No, I am Stephanie. Mark: Stephanie! Stephanie! it is you! Stephanie! Stephanie: You […]