A New Life in Mosquito City – Part 19 – The Richest Man in Mosquito City

Download audio file (anlimc19.mp3)

Mark: Ok. It is my first day on the job. I am a new reporter for the Mosquito City Herald. Hello, Brad.
Brad: Hi, Mark. How are you doin’ there?
Mark: Good. Good. How are you?
Brad: It is really god to see you. Are you having a good time?
Mark: I am having a good time.
Brad: Wonderful.
Mark: I got a new job.
Brad: You got a new job. That is terrific. Terrific.
Mark: I am a journalist.
Brad: A journalist!
Mark: Yep.
Brad: Oh. That is fantastic. I didn’t realize.
Mark: I was an English teacher before but now I am a journalist at the Mosquito City Herald.
Brad: Oh. You have blown me away.
Mark: Today is my first day.
Brad: First day. What are you going to do then?
Mark: I am going to interview Peter Bestluck, the richest man in Mosquito City.
Brad: Oh Peter Bestluck. He is a really nice guy.
Mark: Is he?
Brad: Oh, he is wonderful person.
Mark: I have heard different things about him.
Brad: What have you heard?
Mark: Some people say he is a nice person and some people say he is a great bloke and some people say he is ok. I haven’t heard anything bad.
Brad: Oh that is right. You will never hear anything bad about Peter Bestluck. Never. He is a wonderful person.
Mark: A wonderful fellow. Good. Ok, well I better get to work. I have got to be there in half an hour. I (had) better hurry up.
Brad: OK. Great. Have a good time. Have a great interview.
Mark: See ya later, mate.
Brad: See ya later.
Mark: See ya.

14 Responses to “A New Life in Mosquito City – Part 19 – The Richest Man in Mosquito City”

1. I am a brazilian guy and love Mark’s stories

2. thanks a lot for mthis dialog

3. ojieea says:

wow!! i love it..its a real English conversation,this is what i need to improve my Speaking and listening skills..thanks great work!!

4. yoga says:

i think that konversations are very nice.I understand all konversations. I think that people ,who learn english,that is easy for them.
    thanks a lot
    yoga

5. Nestor says:

Quite good dialogue for English learner.

Can any one help me to explain this sentence, “You have blown me away.”?

I can figure out it by myself, but I am not sure.
    Is this a common expression in daily life?

6. nicola says:

I’m an italian student, I find very good this kind of lesson. I study at university in Naples and I have to pass my last exam then I’ll be graduate in German and english language! so I hope these exercises will help me!!
    If someone want to write me, I can leave him my e-mail adresse.
    bye
    Nicola

7. YOUR CONVERSATIONS ARE SIMPLY SUPER ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE STUDIED YOUR LESSONS THAT PESONS ARE TAUGHT LESSONS EASILY PLZ UPDATE CONVERSATIONS DAILY…………………….

8. joy says:

so many thank’s for u site,
    this site is very very usefule and fantasti.
    thank u so much!!!

9. chris says:

really interesting series storys
    when will be next,I can’t wait^^

10. Huy_Toan says:

Nothing to say any more except a word “Great”! I really really interesting! Thanks you!

11. Jorge says:

Hi. Thank you for this material it´s really usefull. it´s what I was looking for, dialogues about daily life. please don´t stop doing this.

12. apc33 says:

Thanks Datta. We will try to put more daily conversations here in the future.

Cheers,

Aaron

13. Datta says:

Hi,

This is Datta from India. It is very good lesson for who are learning english. I am also begginer. I request you please put more daily conversation on this website.

Regards,