People and Places – The Swami – 6 – The Same Thing

Download audio file (swami6.mp3)

swami5
at irp

(Swami talks for the first 25 seconds of recording. Then transcript begins.)
Mark: So the creation is sustained by prayer?
Swami: It is sustained by divine will. It is sustained by divine will and the divine order; the cosmic order. The cosmic order…In the beginning five basic things were created…
Mark: The relation with us? We are praying…?
Swami: Because we are in error.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: Ignorance means. It is not a…it is not a.. You don’t…If you say someone is ignorant, you are not accusing him. You are not blaming him. You are not scolding him. You are saying that he does not … that you do not know your essence. “Hey you ignorant fool!” If a monk; if a saint out of compassion says to a normal person “Hey you ignorant fools. Foolish children.” They should not get angry. “Hey there I am a big man. I am a big officer. I am so wealthy. This fool; he looks like a fool and he calls me a fool; he should be punished.” The way our foolish kings used to punish saints and they used to bear the consequences later. Ignorance means not knowing your true nature;
Mark: Mm.
Swami: Not knowing the true nature of your self. Who are you in essence? You are alive. You say this is your body. You are not the body. This body is changing all the time. It was in the mother’s womb for nine months and then the boy is born and the body is grown and it grows up. It becomes old. So where is the essence?
Mark: Mm.
Swami: You are not the body. The body is not the essence. You are the speck of consciousness, the speck of the infinite light that shines in the heart.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: You are that piece. You are that fragrance of the infinite light. That is God! So you are but that. But then you think that you are…you are different from the other boy. An Australian is different from an American?
Mark: No, he is not. (laughs)
Swami: He is not?
Mark: No, he is not.
Swami: No he is not! (laughs) The essence is one. The essence is one. The essence is one and to realize that; to realize your true nature as the essence of all, you have to pray. You have to practise. You have to do penance. You have to seek the Vedic gods who are given by the grace of the infinite; by the grace of the infinite Vedas as; it is called; you can say they are like schemes. They are like schemes. The government forms so many schemes for the welfare of so many sections of society.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: This scheme is for the handicapped. This scheme is for the blind. This scheme is for the downtrodden. This scheme is for the tribal people.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: This scheme is for orphaned children. So many schemes are laid. All for the good of them. The government which looks to the welfare of all; it forms specific schemes that they may live happily;
Mark: Mm.
Swami: That their livelihood will be taken care of. So God too; the formless infinite has formed several schemes.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: Ok, you worship this god. Your nature will suit this Lord Shiva. Your personal nature; you are too pure; your nature will suit this Lord Vishnu.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: Ok you form this divine mother. You are attuned. You like your mother very much. So nature is about mother; the divine mother. But you you want to see a God every day in the form. So that Lord Surya; the sun god is there. Without him there is no life. He too is my own form. Lord Surya the Sun God is there. You worship him and you will attain the higher truth, the highest truth. So god has formulated all these schemes. So these are the schemes of the infinite to get back to your true nature as the infinite. So that is why you have to pray. You have to meditate on these forms. If those forms are pleased the same inner essence that is there within your heart; that too will get pleased.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: The method of pleasing the inner one is to please the outer ones.
Mark: Mm.
Swami: The formed ones.
Mark: Yesterday I came here and I got lost.
Swami: Ah.
Mark: And…

29 Responses to “People and Places – The Swami – 6 – The Same Thing”

1. mohamed eltahir says:

This is nice idea i had hear it, about meditation i hope to supplied us about that we want know about religion ifeel empty , today when i was lestening felt cod is excist besid me he stood along time with me . i should be thanks cod and beleived him

2. Rachel says:

Hi. I am Rachel. This is my secondary time to take
    this course. i find this course help me a lot . Because
    I can learn the Grammer . Thank you for helping.

3. Luiz Augusto says:

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is wonderful.
    Message and accent are amazing.
    Thanks for your hand.
    Luiz Augusto

4. ojieea says:

before this i was looking for many ways to improve my speaking.. my speaking was terrible before but now my speaking improve a lot but still i do a lot of mistakes in grammar..but i know that these site will help me to improve my English soon..thanks..

5. Maria says:

Hello! I´m from Brasil and just found your website. That is really helpful, it´s a great way to practice. I spent a few years in the USA and became fluent while there. But once I was back in Brasil I gradually started to loose fluency becuase I didn´t have many people I could speak english with. I hope to get back on track with my english this year and your site will probably help a lot. Thanks! Good job!!!

6. Antonella says:

wooow really interesting the speaking way of this man uhmmm !

7. bahram says:

hello . thanks for your good conversations . PLEASE PUT MORE NEW COMMON AMERICAN CONVERSATIONS IN THIS SITE .

8. apc33 says:

Thanks Roy! Stay tuned for some upcoming site changes and new content…..

9. Roy says:

Hello,

I’m a student who had lived in korea. now i’m living in northern marianas island. I’m impressing you that answered evey comments very friendly. I thought many people want to improve their English again 😀 So am I. anyway,I have lived this area about 1 year. totally, i thought listening is very imortant. I have listened Engilsh a lot from local friends,teachers at school. So i realized that i cahnged!. I’m very happy. I think you’re so good that provide good resorces.
    See ya!

Hi Joseph

It sounds like you just need to relax when you speak. I think the key to relaxation is breathing, Become aware of your breathing. Are you breathing quickly or slowly? Do you breathe more quickly as you get nervous and vice versa? Make a supreme effort to relax and control your breathing. THat should help. Relax and speak slowly.

11. Joseph says:

Hello,

I live in Australia. I have speaking and some listening problem. When I try to seak the apt words do not come on my tongue even though I know the words and I can not organise idea in English. I feel some hurry to speak and some kind of hesitation. Actually, I feel nervous at the time of speak. How can I overcome this language problem?

Kind regards

Joseph

You should try the dialog section

Miyako’s Education

or

Hiromi’s Trip

13. bero says:

hello
    I am new friend , my English is not so good , I hope it can be changed by your site . I wish I can find a conversation which is not fast because I am not good at listening
    thanks a lot

14. erwin says:

im from indonesia im from indonesian i want to speak english fluently.i hope this website can help my goal.thx

15. samira says:

Hi there

I,m from Iran and I can,t speak English very well , I am student

these conversation are good for me.

thanks a lot.

16. Owais says:

hello,
    some of your conversation has background sound, and I can’t listen clearly

17. dwi says:

I’m a student of english education department in one of universities in Indonesia. I feel happy of your site. It’s very helpful. I can learn more about listening. Thank you.

18. aaron says:

Hi Jamil…glad you like the site. If you ever have any suggestions, please let us know.

19. Jamil says:

Hi,
    I am Jamil ..
    Really It’s fantastic site. I want tell to my all of friends to get English fluency, you must have a lot of understandable repetitive listening. That is the only way. To be a fantastic English speaker, you must listen English and while you listen to something, also read it. because listening and Reading together are very powerful. This will improve your pronunciation. …….In fact, you can listen and learn easily in this site. It’s helper for us…….

Jamil

20. lucy says:

Can anybody help me?

Hi Bach,

Studying overseas is a great way to improve your English and broaden your outlook.

Be patient. You will be able to speak more quickly soon. Some people speak a lot but their words have no meaning. It is better to say something that has meaning.

Good luck. You will get there.

cheers Mark

22. Bach says:

Hi
    I’m Bach, i’m from vietnam. i’ve tried the conversation in this website and it’s really useful. i’m now living in New Zealand and i’ve been here for 1 month. i speak very slowly and i can not think fast when i speak. my listening is also too bad. i always misunderstand what the other talks to me. So i hope my English will improve when using this website

Hey Kamrul. I hope our site helps you and gives you a lot of listening practice. Listening practice will improve your speaking too. The most important thing to do is relax. It is hard to live in another country and relax.

I made some grammar and spelling changes to your message (below). Where are you from?
    cheers Mark

Hi Guys

I am living in Canada at the moment. I have been living here for about eighteen months. I speak really slowly and I do not learn new things quickly. If I listen to the conversations on this website, maybe it will help me. I really appreciate your help.

cheers Kamrul

24. actually i,m living in canada about 18 months. I can,t speak throughly.I speak so so slow but my lecening is so bed. I hearing your english conversation daily may be its help me realy.I,m realy regard to you.thank you very much

25. apc33 says:

Thanks for your comment Ei Ei Kyaw. We are happy that you have found these conversations useful.

26. Ei Ei Kyaw says:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help and message.
    It’s very good. It’s a good deed of you.
    Because of your help, I get the knowledge for both of English speaking and true life.
    OK.