Japanese Company Invents Water Car

A Japanese company just invented a car that runs on water. Check it out:

Television Presenter: (Are you) tired of pumping expensive gasoline into your car? Well one Japanese company reveals an eco-friendly car that runs on water. Using the company’s generating system, water is converted into electrical power. Let’s take a look at this amazing development:

Female Narrator: All you need is a liter of water. Any kind of water to be exact. Whether it is river, rain, seawater or even Japanese tea. Genepax unveiled a car that runs on water in the western Japanese city of Osaka. They say it is an electric-powered car that runs solely on hydrogen dioxide (water).

Man: The main characteristic of this car is that no external input is needed. The car will continue to run as long as you have a bottle of water inside for you to add from time to time.

Narrator: According to Japanese broadcaster TV Tokyo, once the water is poured into a water tank at the back of the car, the newly invented energy generator takes out the hydrogen from the water, releases electrons and finally generates electric power.

Man: We highly recommend our system since it does not require you to build up an infrastructure to recharge your batteries, which is usually the case with most electric cars.

Narrator: According to Genepax one liter of water keeps the car running for about an hour at a speed of about eighty kilometers or fifty miles per hour. The company has just applied for a patent and is hoping to collaborate with Japanese automobile manufacturers to mass manufacture their invention in the very near future.

Vocabulary Notes

Are you sick of doing that?
Are you tired of doing that?
Are you fed up with doing that?
Have you had enough of doing that?

a car that runs on water
a car that runs on air
a car that runs on gasoline
a car that runs on electric power

the newly-invented generator
the recently-invented generator

to collaborate with Japanese automobile manufacturers
to work together with Japanese automobile manufacturers

the automobile industry
the energy industry
the transport industry
the spare parts industry

Do you want to learn more about alternative technology and the automobile industry and practice your English at the same time? Try The Water Car:

Get The Water Car – an Interactive Story:

32 Responses to “Japanese Company Invents Water Car”

1. wan_roy says:

it`s amazing. I hope this invention will be realized ,so that global warming can be anticipated.

2. david says:

3. flordeliz bantilan says:

its nice to here that there is a solution from our problems in gasoline and by this invention the fuel will diminish its prize.

4. Muntaha says:

Hi
    Thanks for this video
    I liked
    It’s agreat Invention.
    I tink that japanese kan do every thing

• i think how design this car deserve salute and shuld put his name at bublice places in all countries ,realy incredable car ,i hope to have one in the future

naim khater- jordan

5. fabrizio says:

It’s a great Invention, but I am waiting for the flying cars

6. Adelina says:

It is fantastic, I think it will be a help for us, I hope it doesn´t have any consequences to harm our world.

Thanks so much for your knowledges.

my best wishes for you

7. k vijay says:

This Invention is really good for the Environment because now a days,global warming is one of the major problem due to that we face lot of problem like improper monsoon etc, this new technology definitely make some change and our generation will be free of Air condemnation.,.

“water replacing petrol” is good to hear..

8. Tanja says:

Wonderful news!!! It is very good news, because in the future there will never be any wars in the world because of oil and gasoline!!!

9. nikolai says:

this is so great invention and i think it will use in bad condition.
    with best wish for my teachers.

10. Mohammed says:

This is amazing : How about rockets and jets?

11. Hafizulllah says:

Hi dear all
    I hope your all fine and have a good healthy with noble family i want to fine some friend like helper abut english if some M/F want to jound with me they can add me by skype its my id (Hafizullah853) thanks for all friend i love all my friend ,

12. laila says:

its just a brilliant invention wich is not the only one that Jappaneas offered tp us along the years , i realy respect them ,

13. atifete says:

Hi, thanks so much for your lesson!
    The water car is so good for all of the people.

14. a.parsakia says:

Hi. It seems that the role of the oil on politics is going to be ended and it’s a good news for ozone layer.

15. vo van luan says:

hi!
    that’s good idea!but i think the water is not enough for all people in the world in the futre, particular the african.so that will be pondered!

16. le dong tan says:

It amazed me about the car runs on water. I hope it will be using popular in near future. It thing it is transpor vehicle not runs by gastoline so it not populate the invirionment.

17. FIONA says:

WWWWAAAUUUUU.THANKS FOR LESSON.I think that it is very goood.for all people……….

18. Laura says:

Where can I buy the water car? How much does it cost?

19. Y Nguyen says:

Dear all!

Thanks so much for your lesson.

20. Cibele says:

Hi.
    I believe that all we do in order to save the enviroment starting with “no more air pollution” could save us many healthy enviromental years ahead. When I say “years ahead” I mean thousands of years, milleniums. But we have to think “how much water” would be needed in case most people decided to use this car?
    Then we would have another problem if that meant “too much water”.
    I may be not completely right and I really hope I’m not (completely right). Maybe I’ve missed some point.

Faithfully yours.

Cibele

21. Dears Mark and Aaron
    Hi,
    Of course , it is fantastic invention for electric power car, this car run on the water ,this car is that no external input is needed, this car does not need for expansive gasoline , so it will be save money and will be economic car , most of people can buy this car , it will be cheap car .
    This car is friendly for environment and it will reduces the pollution in the air.
    The idea is that energy generator takes out the hydrogen from the water release electrons and finnly generates electric power beside to it does not required you to build up infrastructure to recharge your batteries. And its speed is 80 kilometer or 50 miles per hour , it is not bad.
    I expected the acceptance for this car ( electric -power car ) .
    with my greets
    your sincere
    mohamed anwar hassan
    25-5-2011

22. Omid says:

Avery amazing it is so good for all of the people

23. Yury says:

I don’t believe it ! It’s impossible !
    Are you pulling my leg ? If it was true it would occupy headlines
    of all mass media ! I’m waiting for denial.

24. azabrjed says:

That will be a great solution for dosposal sewage

25. F. W. S. lima says:

Is a bad news, because briefly the water will become a good very rare in the entire world. Today in many countries the drinking waters are almost inexistent.

26. fffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeefffffffffffffa says:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    its good invention that keep the environment clean and water is viable special they said we can used sea water, i hope in future these cars will be cheap and even poor people can use it

27. hamid says:

that is wonderful for world

28. ali nazar says:

wow how much

29. Félix Vargas Arteaga says:

Uhmm the future is now. Is it possible to be more simple to have more space for two passsengers more?

30. Ray Schwartz says:

WHAT DO I THINK ? I THINK THE JAPANESE HAVE NEVER INVENTED ANYTHING ! HOWEVER, THEY ARE FAIRLY GOOD AT COPYING OTHERS’ IDEAS AND INVENTIONS !