Giving Advice – Be true to yourself

I believe you are sincere and good at heart.

First Conditional

If you do not attain happiness, always remember that you are on the right road.
Try not to leave it.

Above all avoid falsehood, every kind of falsehood, especially falseness to yourself.

falsehood – lying – lies

Interjection: Teach us something something useful!

Imperative

Watch over your own deceitfulness. Look into it every hour, every minute.

Avoid being scornful both to others and yourself. What seems bad to you within yourself, will grow pure by the very act of you observing it.

Interjection: This is ridiculous!

Interjection: We are paying for this.

Interjection: You are a disgrace.

Avoid fear.Though fear is only the consequence of every sort of falsehood. Never be frightened at your own faint-hearted-ness in attaining love. And don’t be frightened over much but your own evil actions.

I am sorry that I can say nothing more consoling to you for love and action is a harsh and dreadful thing compared with love and dreams. Love and dreams is greedy for immediate action rapidly performed so everyone can see. Men will even give their lives if only the ordeal does not last too long but is soon over with all looking on and applauding as if on a stage. But active love – active love – is labour … and fortitude.

Dostoyevsky.

fortitude – strength

Questions

Who is the speaker?
Who is the audience?
Where did the conversation take place?

Discussion

Is this good advice?

Can literature show us how to live?
Have you ever had a teacher like this?

Link to the story of Love and Death

Link straight to the dream:
The Dream

Learn more by following Links

Truth is the Foundation of all Human Virtues
It is Important to be Able to Trust People

Vocabulary is the Key

13 Responses to “Giving Advice – Be true to yourself”

1. I can’t even express soo much , about how I really appreciate the teacher who gives me more knowledge . Thank you

2. razan alqaisy says:

he is a great teacher, i never know anyone like him, of course the student did not give his advice any importance because they cant understand these word and how its very useful for them.

3. Abdullah hussein says:

i wanna thanks form my deaply heart the best teacher who did every thing for us

4. florina says:

i think that this could be an advisor
    the audience are students or someone that this man may know
    i want to thank for all these lesson

5. Aissam says:

The speaker is a teacher ! and it would be great if i had someone like him. The Idea was so clear because sometimes literature leads our life and control our imagination.

• diallo ousmane says:

first of all i would like to thank all the people who accept to do the dialogue because to speak it’s to sow then who sows help the people. four me english is a good language , i’m not good but i will do all four to speak this language and i ask all the people to go to school studying don’t stay at home . we like the development and no the contre…

6. Muzaffar says:

Dear Sir,

I am a leaner of english conversation and wants some more information about english conversation as usual simple english paragraphs and more grammar knowledge as I wants improvement of english

7. tarmezi yakub says:

I supposed the speaker is a psychologist. The audience should be under graduate students and the event took place in a university-class-room.
    Yes, this is a good advice. Certainly it can. We could find in the world a lot of literature that show us how to live in the right path for the happiness of oneself and others. Unfortunately I have never had a teacher like this. I wish I could have one in the future. Thanks for the lesson.

8. rachid says:

First of all, I am going to thank my teacher about this great lesson.That it learn us how can use English words correctly. I hope everybody to use this website for learning real English.

9. yaseensallam says:

the speaker is advisor
    and
    the audiences are friends .
    they may go for a journey or a pcnic .

10. yaseensallam says:

the speaker is advisor
    the audiences are friends
    they may go for a journey or a pcnic .

11. Ahmed says:

First of all I would like thank very much my teachers and colleagues who are shared this website, actually I received many advantages about the learning english according to the my previous experience in english. At now I use many vacubalary but not so much while I hope will do much improvement in taking part debates, sharing conversations with native peaple and preparing essays.
    Again I am going to appreciate my teachers and colleagues and hope will continues teaching teaching english untill I improve my english fully.

Nice contact
    Ahmed

12. agt says:

I would like to have one teacher like him.
    No, havent had a teacher like that. I do not if show us how to live, but maybe people would be more conscious to live in this world and would learn different new things. It is a good very good advice for every one.

Thank you.